PHYSICAL EDUCATION 130 -
History and Philosophy of Sport and Physical Activity [3 units]
Three hours of lecture per week.
History and philosophy of sport and physical activity from antiquity to
today. Special consideration is given to Olympism and the Olympic
Phys Ed 130 Syllabus
- Identify and describe the history of sport and physical activity from
antiquity to today.
- Identify and relate the philosophical, physiological,
psychological, sociological, political, and economic concepts for sport
and physical activity.
- Evaluate potential career paths in sport and
- Categorize and compare the issues, challenges, and
future of sport and physical activity.
- Identify and describe the professional organizations publications, and professional leaders in
sport and physical activity.
- Read, summarize, analyze, and appraise an article from a peer-reviewed
journal and demonstrate how to cite properly the article's bibliographical information using the styles from
the American Medical Association (AMA) and the American
Psychological Association (APA).
- Demonstrate how to research and to
prepare a written, term paper on a topic in sport and physical activity.
back to Lectures